By accessing the Zoom Website or by utilizing the services available from Zoom Video Communications, Inc. "Zoom/Zoom Services" UNC Asheville individual licenses, and basic, account holders and end users agree to be bound by the Zoom Terms of Service. Please see the Zoom Terms of Service article for further information.
Use Of Services and Zoom Meeting License Holder Responsibilities
The account holder is responsible for meeting ALL 'Use of Services and Responsibilities' listed on the Zoom Terms of Service website. Listed below are those situations most likely to be encountered within the UNC Asheville educational environment, and are listed to provide immediate awareness to all campus users of these key areas of responsibilities.
Responsibilities for Account Holder:
- Participant Content: The account holder is solely responsible for the content sent or transmitted, displayed or uploaded (Cloud Recordings) in using Zoom services.
- Recordings: The account holder is responsible for compliance with all recording laws.
- Prohibited Use: The account holder will not use, and will not permit any End User to use Zoom to:
- (ii) knowingly or negligently use Zoom in a way that abuses, interferes with, or disrupts Zoom’s networks,
- (iii) engage in activity that is illegal, fraudulent, false, or misleading,
- (iv) transmit through Zoom any material that may infringe the intellectual property or other rights of third parties;
- (vi) use Zoom to communicate any message or material that is harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent, would violate the intellectual property rights of any party or is otherwise unlawful, that would give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable law or regulation;
- (vii) upload or transmit any software, Content or code that does or is intended to harm, disable, destroy or adversely affect performance of Zoom in any way or which does or is intended to harm or extract information or data from other hardware, software or networks of Zoom or other users of Zoom;
- (viii) engage in any activity or use of Zoom in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or otherwise interfere with or disrupt Zoom, or any servers or networks connected to Zoom or Zoom's security systems.
- (ix) use of Zoom in violation of any Zoom policy or in a manner that violates applicable law, including but not limited to anti-spam, export control, privacy, and anti-terrorism laws and regulations and laws requiring the consent of subjects of audio and video recordings. The account holder agrees that They are solely responsible for compliance with all such laws and regulation.
Responsibility for End Users:
- The account holder is responsible for the activities of all End Users who access or use Zoom through their assigned account and agree to ensure that any such End User will comply with the terms of this Agreement and any Zoom policies.
- If the account holder becomes aware of any violation of Zoom Terms of Service in connection with use of Zoom by any person, please contact Zoom at firstname.lastname@example.org. Zoom may investigate any complaints and violations that come to its attention and may take any (or no) action that it believes is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or User profiles.
The account holder, and all End Users, may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Zoom may deny access of Zoom services to any User who is alleged to infringe another party's copyright.
- All Zoom services are subject to the Export Administration Regulations, 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-774, of the United States and may be subject to other applicable country export control and trade sanctions laws (“Export Control and Sanctions Laws”).
- You and your End Users may not access, use, export, re-export, divert, transfer or disclose any portion of Zoom or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly, in violation of Export Control and Sanctions Laws.
Questions and concerns regarding the above information should be directed to UNC Asheville's Office of General Counsel or Office of Research and Sponsored Programs staff.
None are identified at this time.
Additional related knowledge base articles include:
None are available at this time.
Resources for assistance or follow-up questions and concerns.
Contact UNC Asheville's Information Technology IT Service Desk for assistance in implementing the above described services and support. Email: email@example.com or by calling 828.251.6445
Contact UNC Asheville's Center for Teaching and Learning unit for pedagogy and teaching strategies regarding this knowledge base article. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or by calling 828.251.6540
Use the Zoom Video Communication system knowledge base for Zoom meeting specific support questions or concerns. www.zoom.us/support