UNC Asheville provides the Microsoft Office 365 productivity suite to all students, faculty, and staff for free. Office 365 is automatically updated to ensure our campus community always has the latest version of the world's most popular document software.
Access Office 365 on your personal computer
Students may install the full Office 365 suite on up to five (5) compatible devices at no cost.
Office 365 is pre-loaded on university-owned computers used by faculty and staff. However, faculty and staff may also install the full Office 365 suite on up to five (5) compatible, personally-owned devices.
Additionally, Office Online allows UNC Asheville students, faculty and staff to use web-based versions of Office applications from any compatible web browser on any device.
- Install Office 365 on a personally-owned computer
- Install Office 365 on an iOS or Android device
- Access Office Online from a web browser
Access Office 365 on your university-owned employee computer
Office 365 is pre-loaded on new university-owned computers used by faculty and staff. If you received your computer prior to the release of Office 365, you may need to upgrade or activate your Office software.
- Upgrade your university computer to Microsoft Office 365
- Activate Office 365 on your university Windows computer
- Activate Office 365 on your university Mac
Using Office 365
What if I have questions?
Reference our Program Details and Frequently Asked Questions for more information.