Google Groups is a service that allows sending emails to large number of users at a time. A user is allowed to change how / if they receive emails from a group they are a part of.
Change Group Email Settings for Your Account
- Log into your Gmail account at https://mail.google.com.
- After logging into your account, click on the Google Workspace selection grid icon:
- Select the Group option from the Google Workspace selection grid:
- You will be redirected to the Groups homepage. You will want to click the My Groups button:
- You will be present with a list of groups your account is a member of. You can change your email delivery options per group:
- After making a change, the setting will automatically be applied and saved.
Please note that changing the setting to "Don't send email updates" will prevent any email sent to that group from being sent to you. In addition to the possibility of missing important messages, there is no way to have the messages you missed distributed to your account.