- Make sure WiFi is turned on. Select UNCA_Guest from the list of available wireless networks.
- Depending on the setup of your individual machine, UNCA_Guest may open your default web browser without prompting and immediately redirect you to the wireless configuration utility page. If this doesn't happen automatically, simply open any web browser and attempt to browse to any site and you'll be redirected at that time. If you are not redirected, navigate to https://wifi.unca.edu. Agree to the Acceptable Use Policies and click Start.
- Select Students, Faculty and Staff on the University Affiliation page.
- Enter your UNC Asheville credentials and click Log In.
- Select eduroam for Wireless Access Type.
- Click on Download for Windows and run the file. You may receive a notification that the publisher of the application couldn’t be verified. If so, click on Run. Once the application loads, a security certificate will be installed and your machine will be configured and connected to the eduroam network. Once successfully connected, click Done. You should now have full internet access via the eduroam network, and your computer will connect to eduroam automatically whenever you are in range of the network. The security certificate issued will be valid for one (1) year, at which time you will need to re-enroll your device.
- If the XpressConnect Loader shows an error related to certificate installation, or if your device will not connect to the eduroam network after successful configuration, your device may need to be manually configured to connect. Instructions for manually configuring your device can be found here.