Zoom License Activation & Use
UNC Asheville faculty, staff and students have the ability to activate individual Zoom Meeting licensed accounts which are attached to associated UNC Asheville Google Email accounts. Zoom Meeting group accounts may also be created that utilize ITS generic email accounts for utilization by two or more users.
All communications regarding activating or managing UNC Asheville’s Zoom Meeting licenses will be originated from the email accounts DIST_LRN@unca.edu or NCRENZOOM@unca.edu or email@example.com. Associated emails are not phishing attempts and recipients should comply with the requested actions.
- Access to Zoom Meeting licensed accounts will either use the Zoom Web Client, the Zoom Desktop App or Zoom Mobile App. Zoom Meeting software is installed on all University provided computers and peripheral devices.
- (Click here to download Zoom Meeting software for use on personally owned equipment)
UNC Asheville Zoom Meeting license account holders must use Single Sign On (SSO) authentication to access Zoom Meeting accounts.
- Only one Zoom Meeting license may be assigned to a given email address. Once a second activation is received, the existing license is migrated to the new account. This will be the case if the a Zoom Meeting Basic (free) account was established using an @unca.edu email E-mail address.
- The applicable ITS Resource Usage and management policies may be found at https://administration.unca.edu/policies/1392 and https://administration.unca.edu/policies/1392)
- Account holders should log into and out of Zoom Meeting licensed account each day.
- It is highly recommended that all members of the UNC Asheville campus log in via the Zoom desktop client, mobile app or web client prior to clicking on a Zoom Meeting invitation link.
- Click here for further information regarding activating individual Zoom Meeting licensed accounts using SSO
- Click here for further information regarding activating Group Zoom Meeting accounts
Additional ITS knowledge base articles related to Zoom Meeting licensed account requests and activation
Subfolder index page
|Zoom License Utilization|
|Using UNC Asheville Email Accounts|
|Account Login Using Zoom Desktop Client|
Resources for assistance or followup questions and concerns.
Contact UNC Asheville's Information Technology IT Service Desk for assistance in implementing the above described services and support. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 828.251.6445
Contact UNC Asheville's Center for Teaching and Learning unit for pedagogy and teaching strategies regarding this knowledge base article. Email: email@example.com. or by calling 828.251.6540
Use the Zoom Video Communication system knowledge base for Zoom meeting specific support questions or concerns. www.zoom.us/support