The IT Service desk uses the program Bomgar to provide remote support on and off campus. Most any device with most any operating system can be supported.
- Navigate to the following link: https://support.unca.edu/
- From here click on the username of the representative.
- After clicking the username, a webpage will appear giving instructions for the download. It will automatically attempt to download the file. Select a destination for the file to download (please save it to the desktop for convenience)
- Once the program finishes downloading, click on the download. You can start it either from your internet browser, or from the location it was saved.
- From here, a popup window will appear. At the bottom it will ask you to “Allow or Refuse” the connection. Click “Allow”
- The technician should have full control over the computer now! There is a chat window where the technician and customer can communicate.
The technician will have to type something first before customers have access to the chat.
- Once the session is complete, either the customer or the technician can end the session. Once done the program will uninstall itself completely. A webpage will appear asking for you to complete a survey based on the experience with the technician.