Use Cisco AnyConnect VPN on a university Windows computer
Follow these instructions to connect to the VPN from your university-owned Windows computer.
If Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is not already installed on your computer, you may install it from Software Center.
- Click the Start menu, then find Cisco AnyConnect listed in your applications. Click Cisco AnyConnect to open it.
- If not pre-populated, enter
webvpn.unca.eduas the connection address. Click Connect.
- Enter your UNC Asheville username and password. The default group, UNCAVPN, is the correct value.
- Accept the authorization message.
- The VPN client will establish a connect and minimize to your System Tray. You may access the client to monitor your VPN connection by clicking the ⌃ caret icon near your system clock.
- When finished working, open Cisco AnyConnect and click Disconnect.