Use Cisco AnyConnect VPN on a university Mac
Follow these instructions to connect to the VPN from your university-owned Mac.
If Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is not already installed on your computer, you may install it from Self Service.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect application from your Applications folder.
- Enter the following address in the "Connect to:" field:
Then click "Connect"
- The screen will change and request a group, username and password. The default group, UNCAVPN, is the correct value. Enter your UNC Asheville security credentials for your username and password, then click "Connect."
- Accept the authorization message.
- The VPN client will establish a connection and minimize to your Dock. You may access the client to monitor your VPN connection by clicking the icon in your Dock or using the menubar item.
- When finished working, open the Cisco AnyConnect application by clicking its icon in your Dock and clicking the "Disconnect" button. Alternatively, click the AnyConnect icon in your menu bar and choose "Disconnect." You may then quit Cisco AnyConnect.