Install VMware Horizon Client on your personal computer
The VMware Horizon Client software allows you to access a virtual Windows desktop hosted by UNC Asheville ITS from your personally-owned computer.
- Visit VMware Horizon Client downloads (third-party link) ↗.
Find your operating system, then click the associated "Go to downloads" link.
UNC Asheville recommends the following:
- For Windows devices, select VMware Horizon Client for Windows instead of "VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP from the Microsoft store."
- For Linux devices, select VMware Horizon Client for 64-bit Linux.
- For Android devices, select VMware Horizon Client for Android devices from Google Play store.
- Click the Download button to download the installer.
- Open the downloaded installer, then follow the on-screen directions to install the software.