If you are unable to reconnect to the UNCA_Secure network and you receive a popup that a security certificate is required, your certificate has expired and needs to be renewed.
- If not already connected to the internet via ethernet cable, connect to the UNCA_Setup wireless network.
- Once connected, open your web browser of choice and proceed to https://wifi.unca.edu and click Start.
- Select Students, Faculty and Staff as your University Affiliation.
- Enter your UNCA credentials and click Log In.
- Select UNC Asheville Secure Access.
- Do not wait for the Java applet to load. Instead, click the link at the bottom of the screen to proceed to the download page.
- Click the link to "Show all operating systems", then select "Other Operating Systems" from the bottom of the list.
- Click on Step 1 to download the UNCA Wireless Root certificate. If given the option to Open or Save, select Open (if opening is not an option, open the saved file once download is complete).
- Click "Install Certificate", then Next. Check the option to "Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate" and click Next, then click Finish. You should receive confirmation that the certificate import was successful. Click OK and close the file.
- Click on Step 2 to download your user certificate and open once download is complete. Click Next, then Next again (do not alter the file name that appears). When prompted, enter your UNCA password and make no other changes, then click Next.
- Check the option to "Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate" and click Next, then click Finish. You should receive confirmation that the certificate import was successful. click OK.
- Reconnect to the UNCA_Secure wireless network.